Shared post from ‘AnabolicMinds.com’ by The Press from thread ‘Why You Should Eat Avocado Every Day’:
by: PF Louis NaturalNews
Calories and fats are considered by most, based on outmoded disinformation, to be the bane of good looks and good health. Now the word is out on how calorie counting is overrated and fats are good for you, even necessary for vital organs and optimum health.
You may have come across information on coconut oil’s incredible health virtues by now. Did you know it is a saturated fat and was only a decade or two ago shunned completely as a cardio-killer?
Avocado’s high calories and fat content have put it into the same disinformation category as coconut oil, though not quite as dramatically. But avocados are being recognized by health experts more and more to be so vital that they recommend eating some avocado every day!
Fats info in a nutshell
The synthetic solutions for fats, such as margarine to replace butter, is worse than any perceived problem with butter. Trans fatty acid margarine and processed hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils for cooking and salads created from the 1950s are simply toxic.
The liberal use of those processed oils in processed food preparation or in the foods themselves has also created an unhealthy balance of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids, 20:1 or higher instead of the more healthy 3:1 omega-6 to omega-3.
The unhealthy ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is responsible for most of the chronic inflammation that leads to disease, including heart disease. Toxic fat substitutes and hydrogenated oils also create chronic inflammation leading to disease. More on omega-3 fatty acids here ([URL=”http://www.naturalnews.com”]http://www.naturalnews.com[/URL]).
Now even saturated fats are embraced by up-to-date MDs and nutritionists as necessary for nerve, brain, and heart health. Your skin’s cholesterol begins the process of converting sunshine’s UVB rays into vitamin D. Cell walls, nerve tissue, and most brain matter are comprised of fats, including cholesterol.
Seven reasons why avocados should be part of our daily meals
(1) Avocados are high in easily assimilated plant protein. All the amino acids are set for your metabolism to assemble into complete proteins. This takes a load off your pancreas from wasting cancer cell fighting proteolytic enzymes for breaking down meat proteins.
(2) Okay meat eaters, GreenMedInfo summarized a study that showed eating hamburgers with a slice of avocado limited triglyceride serum level increases. Most knowledgeable cardiologists consider triglyceride serum levels as stronger markers for potential heart disease and inflammation than LDL cholesterol.
(3) Avocados are high in natural vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent cancer. Synthetic vitamin E can be toxic.
(4) Avocados help the liver manufacture glutathione, considered the master antioxidant by all health experts. Glutathione actually refreshes and recycles spent antioxidants from other sources.
The master mineral magnesium, involved with over 300 metabolic processes, is also abundant. Two masters in one tasty food. Pretty good!
(5) Reduce breast cancer risk with avocados high lutein, vitamin E, and high content monounsaturated oleic fatty acid. This has been validated by studies. So ladies, quit counting calories so much and eat more avocados.
(6) Improve heart health for promoting better blood flow and lowering blood pressure by consuming avocados. Again, this is due to their abundant oleic acid content.
(7) Improve brain function and stave dementia by consuming avocados. Avocados are a close second to blueberries for promoting brain health, according to Dr. Steven Pratt, author of Superfoods Rx: Fourteen Foods Proven to Change Your Life.
Avocado’s high oleic acid helps create and maintain myelin, which protects the nervous system and brain. Myelin also helps speed neuron transmissions that make one more alert and mentally quicker.
Conclusion: Dr. Ann Kulze, MD and author of Dr. Ann’s 10-Step Diet: A Simple Plan for Permanent Weight Loss and Lifelong Vitality, recommends a quarter to half an avocado daily. It can be used in salads or sandwiches or as a side dish.
If your budget permits, organic avocados are available. If not, the Environmental Working Group (EWG) has avocados in their “Clean 15″ list of very low pesticide residue veggies and fruits.
Avocado is actually a dark green pitted fatty fruit, which is ready to eat when it’s slightly soft to the touch.
Sources for this article include:
Learn more: [URL=”http://www.naturalnews.com/041241_avocado_nutritional_health_superfoods.html#ixzz2ZXokcRZo”]http://www.naturalnews.com/041241_avocado_nutritional_health_superfoods.html#ixzz2ZXokcRZo[/URL]
Shared via Am.com.